PSAV Services at the Gaylord Opryland
Contact: Jerry Callaghan, 615.458.2641, email@example.com
PSAV is the leading provider of audiovisual and event technology support to hotels, associations, producers and meeting planners worldwide. With on-site offices at more than 1,400 locations worldwide and branch offices in most major meeting cities, PSAV is committed to making every live event an unforgettable experience. PSAV mixes bright ideas with smart technology so the messages organizers want conveyed make the greatest possible impact. PSAV's professionals understand the importance of a successful meeting, and know how minding their work can affect the minds of meeting participants.
A Market Leader
PSAV’s roots go back to early 1937 in providing audiovisual (AV) leadership in the meetings industry. In the last decade, PSAV expanded and consolidated regional AV companies to meet growing customer demand for a national source of consistent, high-quality audiovisual support. Today, PSAV has strengthened its business beyond traditional audiovisual services through innovative technology that enhances live events.
"The entire team at the Gaylord Opryland exceeded our expectations. Thank you!" — JD
To plan with PSAV for your rigging needs
- Your Rigging plan must be certified and approved no less than 21 days prior to load in of equipment in order to qualify for the Advance Show Rates. A “Schedule Rigging Services” form must be submitted with a scaled rigging plot including instrument count and weight loads in sufficient time to allow for review and adjustments. We strongly suggest that this form be submitted 45 to 30 days prior to your load in to meet this deadline. If your rigging plan is NOT certified and approved 21 days prior to load in, Standard Rates will be charged. See "To Order Service:" at the bottom of this page to learn more.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment in addition to a reflective ceiling plan with hang-points. Please use our CAD file (available for download below) as your design template. The PDF format is provided as reference only and will NOT be accepted as a rigging plot.
- If a rigging plot is received by our offices and does not meet the hotel’s rigging regulations, the client has the option to either redesign their event or have our offices redesign the event at a cost of $95 per hour.
- All drawings must be received electronically. Additional hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8"-1’.
Exhibit Hall / Ballroom Standards
- The Ballrooms are equipped with permanent rigging points rated for 1000 lbs. Please refer to the CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points.
- No rigging is allowed from the air-wall tracks.
- PSAV must make all connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of the hotel.
- Only a PSAV rigger may move flown equipment.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after PSAV riggers leave the room.
- Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
- Surface shields carpet protection (Polytak) is required in the ballroom spaces for both load-in and load-out, as well as all carpeted AV storage rooms.It can be provided by PSAV, or may be brought in by the production company. All polytak must be removed and disposed of by the production company's personnel before the end of the event.
Hotel Production Guidelines
- Please Click Here to review the Hotels Current Production Guidelines.
PSAV on-site practices
- PSAV will decide the number of riggers required for your event.
- PSAV will make all connections to the ceiling.
- Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and cost effective event.
- PSAV will not "dead hang" items over 100lbs or 10' in length with a scissors lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- A scissors lift is required for all rigging calls at the hotel. PSAV has lifts on site and available for rental. All lifts used in this facility must have white, non-marking tires and be in good repair. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in the hotel.
- All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved by the PSAV Rigging Department.
- Any dynamic (moving) element requires an arrester device.
- A steel "safety" is required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
- All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by PSAV.
- All chain motors. rigging hardware, and truss must be supplied by PSAV.
ALL RIGGING COSTS ARE CHARGED DAILY.
- $250 CAD/Drawing SAFETY REVIEW
A charge of $125/hr with a minimum of two (2) hours per event will be assessed for a comprehensive safety review by our Rigging Supervisor. This review will verify point load calculations, staffing needs, equipment needs and CAD support to provide feedback on the initial rigging plot. This initial fee will allow for the original review and ONE revision of the same layout. Further Revisions or Additional CAD assistance is available if needed and can be provided for an additional charge.
- A 1 Day Event Will be billed as 1 Billable Day
- 2, 3 & 4 Day Events Will be billed as 2 Billable Days (2-day week)
- 5, 6, & 7 Day Events Will be billed as 3 Billable Days (3-day week)
- Usage beyond 7 days will be billed in addition to the weekly rate
ALL TRUSS, MOTORS, POINTS, GAC and SHACKLES are EXCLUSIVELY PROVIDED BY PSAV AT THIS LOCATION.
Current service charge and tax will be included in the final rigging proposal.
Rigging Point Charge with Motor (greater than 100 lbs.)
- Regular rate = $225 each/Day (includes Rig Point, .5 ton hoist, GAC and Shackles)
Rigging Point Charge – Point Only (less than 100 lbs.)
- Regular rate = $55 each/Day
Truss Daily Rental Rate
- 12"x12" Box Truss = $7.50/linear foot
Contact PSAV for pricing on other truss types.
Scissors Lift Daily Rental
- Regular rate = $355/Day
Scissors Lift Weekly Rental
- Regular rate = $1065
*Additional charges may apply for atrium equipment
Weekly Rates Available
** 24% service charge is applied to all equipment charges.
Rigging Labor Rates
Riggers - Four-hour minimum required
- Regular rate = $105 per hour
- Lead Rigger rate = $110 per hour
*Riggers work in minimum teams of 3 (2 up, 1 lead)
**High Steel Riggers work in minimum teams of 4 (2 up, 2 down) in our Atrium Space
***Rigging and specifically High Steel Rigging in public space such as atriums and lobbies requires that a safety zone be created under the active rigging area.This may require the services of the Hotel Safety and Security office. Additional charges may apply.
PSAV does not provide Safety Harness' as a rental Item at this location.Please ensure your operators have their own harness as needed.
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. = Straight Time
Monday - Friday, 5 p.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Monday - Sunday, Midnight - 8 a.m. = Double Time
Saturday, 8 a.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Sunday, All Day = Double Time
Holidays**, All Day = Double Time
** 9.25% State Sales Tax is applied to all applicable services and rentals.
**Holidays = New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
**All rigging plots were updated in 2015 - earlier version will not be accepted.
Add Quick Sheets for each space along with Drawings.
To Order Service:
Follow this link to complete an online order for rigging services
Forms and Brochures
Please click here for our Exhibitor Order Form
Please click here for our Package Brochure
Please click here for our Exhibitor Signage and Rigging Order Form
If AV were all you had to worry about, any supplier would do. From PSAV, you get much more, including a full gamut of event technology services, used in specific design to make your event unforgettable.
Resources and Services
Whether you need audiovisual, creative, digital, exhibitor, staging, network, projection, rigging, mobile app, or visual services, PSAV will help you create memorable experiences, helping your attendees share ideas that inspire change.
Unforgettable events happen when strategically placed soundscapes and captivating, illuminated sets are carefully planned and implemented. Our experts have studied the research and truly understand why the right AV has a great impact on message retention and know how to apply innovative event technologies for maximum attendee engagement.
We can make sure your audience sees your video, multi-media or slide material at its best and on multiple screens. Whether HD projection, monitors, signage, gobos, image magnification or other display techniques, we'll ensure every attendees sees your messages with utmost clarity from anywhere they gather.
Well-lighted presenters carry a more impressive presence on stage. Theater-style lighting adds remarkable color and drama to your whole presentation and can transform gala events into something truly remarkable. Ask us about Decor Lighting, Intelligent Lighting, Set Lighting, Presenter Lighting and more.
From small audio systems for intimate meetings to multiple arrays that deliver concert-quality sound, we setup microphone, speaker, amplifier and mixer systems to suit the room and audience. Familiar with every corner of the venue and meeting rooms, we can easily calculate just what the best audio is for your event.
Capturing your speakers, their presentations, and all of your event's important moments for later playback is a powerful, even revenue-generating tool that can remind attendees of meeting content and let those who missed the event in on the action. Use our digital recording services to market your event to future audiences, enhance distance learning or continuing education credits or simply create a meeting archive.
©2016 PSAV. All Rights Reserved. Any third party trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.