PSAV Services at the Gaylord Palms
Contact: Amanda Harris, 407.586.2252
Site Quick Links
The PSAV Story
PSAV is the leading provider of audiovisual and event technology support to hotels, associations, producers and meeting planners worldwide. With on-site offices at more than 1,300 in-house venue locations and 44 branch locations within the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, the Caribbean, the United Arab Emirates, and Singapore, PSAV is committed to making every live event an unforgettable experience.
PSAV mixes bright ideas with smart technology so the messages organizers want conveyed make the greatest possible impact. PSAV's professionals understand the importance of a successful meeting and know how optimizing technology can affect the minds of meeting participants.
Our 7,500 highly trained technical staff delivers innovative solutions in support of events ranging from small meetings in single conference rooms to global multi-media conference events with thousands of attendees. As our customers look to deliver more dynamic and impactful events, the event technology services we provide become even more critical. PSAV supports all aspects of events, from planning through execution. Our services go beyond traditional and cutting-edge event technology and include creative event design, Internet connectivity and bandwidth management, overhead rigging and digital mapping, to name a few.
PSAV’s culture is one of our strongest competitive differentiators. Providing the right work environment for our team members builds high morale, the most essential element needed to provide industry-leading customer service that is highly valued and immediately recognized by our customers.
Excellent service leads to customer loyalty and revenue growth, resulting in strong financial results. These strong financial results enable PSAV to provide superior resources for our team members, such as equipment and training, as well as enhanced career opportunities.
PSAV Core Values
Our company values connectivity, personal empowerment, passion and honesty. These are the values that bind us, drive us as a company and differentiate us from every other company.
PSAV team members are talented, competent and responsible. PSAV trusts them to make decisions, take action, and follow their instincts when the situation calls for it. We take ownership of our work and make decisions to please customers every day.
The Ultimate Technology Partner
Today, audiovisual support is no longer simply a microphone and a flipchart. It now includes computer interfaces, high-definition imaging, rigging, power distribution, component video, special effects, concert sound and lighting, Internet and network services, and virtual meetings, plus all the traditional basic equipment. Our focus is on delivering innovative technology, combined with legendary customer service to ensure your satisfaction and that of your attendees.
Begin the planning process early
Contact us soon to start the rigging-planning process and we'll discuss:
- Ballroom Rigging Standards
- Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- Best practices
Here’s how to plan with PSAV for your rigging needs:
Schedule Rigging Services form must be submitted with a scaled rigging plot 20 days prior to load in (21 days prior to load in for advance rates). If the form is received less than 20 days prior to load in, double time rates will be charged. See "To Order Service:" at the bottom of this page to learn more.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment in addition to a reflective ceiling plan with hang-points. Please use our CAD file (available for download below) as your design template.
- If a rigging plot is received by our offices which does not respect the hotels rigging regulations, the client has the option to either redesign their event or have our offices redesign the event at a cost of $75 per hour.
- All drawings must be received electronically. Hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8"-1’.
Exhibit Hall / Ballroom Standards
- The Ballrooms are equipped with permanent rigging points rated for 1000 lbs. Please refer to the CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points. There is NO RIGGING OTHER THAN THE PERMANENT RIGGING POINTS INSTALLED.
- No rigging is allowed from the air-wall tracks.
- PSAV must make all connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of the hotel.
- Only a PSAV rigger may move flown equipment.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after PSAV riggers leave the room.
- Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
- PSAV will exclusively operate the Counterweight (fly-rail) system.
PSAV On-site Practices
- PSAV will decide the number of riggers required for your event.
- PSAV will make all connections to the ceiling and assist your staff in attaching those connections to your truss and equipment. Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and cost effective event.
- PSAV will not "dead hang" items over 100lbs or 10' in length with a scissors lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- A scissors lift is required for all rigging calls at the hotel. PSAV has lifts on site and available for rental. All lifts used in this facility must have white, non-marking tires and be in good repair. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in.
- All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved.
- Any dynamic (moving) element requires an arrester device.
- A steel "safety" is required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
- All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by PSAV.
To Order Service:
Follow this link to complete an online order for rigging services
Truss Update - Read Here
Room Diagrams - CAD Drawings
Follow the links below to download file of meeting-space diagrams. During your event's design phase, please contact PSAV regarding specific rigging requirements for your event.
Florida Exhibition Hall DWG PDF
Exhibitor Signage and Rigging Advance
Click here to fill out the Exhibitor Signage and Rigging Advance
Rigging Chain Motor Charge (greater than 100 lbs. - no advanced rate)
• Advance rate:$170.00 each (half ton hoist)
• Regular rate:$180.00 each (half ton hoist)
Rigging Point Charge (All Chain Motors Require a Rigging Point / "Dead Hang" less than 100 lbs.)
• Advance rate:$55.00 each
• Regular rate:$65.00 each
• Weight under 100lbs:$55.00 per line
• Weight over 100lbs:$450.00 per line
Scissors Lift Rental
• Advance Rate:$330.00
• Regular Daily rate: $375.00
• Weekly rate:$900.00
Please contact PSAV for package pricing concerning single approved signage (4’x6’ or smaller/less than 20 lbs.) to include rigging labor and scissor lift.
PSAV has the right to deem the signage as qualifying for the package guideline.
*Additional charges may apply for atrium equipment
Rigging Labor Rates - (All rigging teams consist of three riggers at four hours minimum per call.)
Riggers - Four-hour minimum required
• Standard Rigger Rate:$90 per hour
• Flyrail Rigger Rate:$95 per hour
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. = Straight Time
Monday - Friday, 5 p.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Monday - Sunday, Midnight - 8 a.m. = Double Time
Saturday, 8 a.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Sunday, All Day = Double Time
Holidays*, All Day = Double Time
*Holidays = New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr Birthday, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
**Service charge will be applied to all rigging
If AV were all you had to worry about, any supplier would do. From PSAV, you get much more, including a full gamut of event technology services, used in specific design to make your event unforgettable.
Resources and Services
Whether you need audiovisual, creative, digital, exhibitor, staging, network, projection, rigging, mobile app, or visual services, PSAV will help you create memorable experiences, helping your attendees share ideas that inspire change.
Unforgettable events happen when strategically placed soundscapes and captivating, illuminated sets are carefully planned and implemented. Our experts have studied the research and truly understand why the right AV has a great impact on message retention and know how to apply innovative event technologies for maximum attendee engagement.
We can make sure your audience sees your video, multi-media or slide material at its best and on multiple screens. Whether HD projection, monitors, signage, gobos, image magnification or other display techniques, we'll ensure every attendees sees your messages with utmost clarity from anywhere they gather.
Well-lighted presenters carry a more impressive presence on stage. Theater-style lighting adds remarkable color and drama to your whole presentation and can transform gala events into something truly remarkable. Ask us about Decor Lighting, Intelligent Lighting, Set Lighting, Presenter Lighting and more.
From small audio systems for intimate meetings to multiple arrays that deliver concert-quality sound, we setup microphone, speaker, amplifier and mixer systems to suit the room and audience. Familiar with every corner of the venue and meeting rooms, we can easily calculate just what the best audio is for your event.
Capturing your speakers, their presentations, and all of your event's important moments for later playback is a powerful, even revenue-generating tool that can remind attendees of meeting content and let those who missed the event in on the action. Use our digital recording services to market your event to future audiences, enhance distance learning or continuing education credits or simply create a meeting archive.
©2016 PSAV. All Rights Reserved. Any third party trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.