PSAV Services at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Contact: Megan Doyle, 847.663.4520, email@example.com
PSAV is the leading provider of audiovisual and event technology support to hotels, associations, producers and meeting planners worldwide. With on-site offices at more than 1,400 locations worldwide and branch offices in most major meeting cities, PSAV is committed to making every live event an unforgettable experience. PSAV mixes bright ideas with smart technology so the messages organizers want conveyed make the greatest possible impact. PSAV's professionals understand the importance of a successful meeting, and know how minding their work can affect the minds of meeting participants.
A Market Leader
PSAV’s roots go back to early 1937 in providing audiovisual (AV) leadership in the meetings industry. In the last decade, PSAV expanded and consolidated regional AV companies to meet growing customer demand for a national source of consistent, high-quality audiovisual support. Today, PSAV has strengthened its business beyond traditional audiovisual services through innovative technology that enhances live events.
If AV were all you had to worry about, any supplier would do. From PSAV, you get much more, including a full gamut of event technology services, used in specific design to make your event unforgettable.
Resources and Services
Whether you need audiovisual, creative, digital, exhibitor, staging, network, projection, rigging, mobile app, or visual services, PSAV will help you create memorable experiences, helping your attendees share ideas that inspire change.
Unforgettable events happen when strategically placed soundscapes and captivating, illuminated sets are carefully planned and implemented. Our experts have studied the research and truly understand why the right AV has a great impact on message retention and know how to apply innovative event technologies for maximum attendee engagement.
We can make sure your audience sees your video, multi-media or slide material at its best and on multiple screens. Whether HD projection, monitors, signage, gobos, image magnification or other display techniques, we'll ensure every attendees sees your messages with utmost clarity from anywhere they gather.
Begin the planning process early
Contact us soon to start the rigging-planning process and we'll discuss:
- Ballroom Rigging Standards
- Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- Best practices
Here’s how to plan with PSAV for your rigging needs:
- A Schedule Rigging Services form must be submitted with a scaled rigging plot 20 days prior to load in (31 days prior to load in to avoid penalty rates). If the form is received less than 20 days prior to load in, double time rates will be charged. See "To Order Service:" at the bottom of this page to learn more.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment in addition to a reflective ceiling plan with hang-points. Please use our CAD file (available for download below) as your design template.
- If a rigging plot is received by our offices which does not respect the hotels rigging regulations, the client has the option to either redesign their event or have our offices redesign the event at a cost of $75 per hour.
- All drawings must be received electronically. Hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8"-1’.
Exhibit Hall / Ballroom Standards
- The Ballrooms are equipped with permanent rigging points rated for 1000 lbs. Please refer to the CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points. There is NO RIGGING OTHER THAN THE PERMANENT RIGGING POINTS INSTALLED.
- No rigging is allowed from the air-wall tracks.
- PSAV must make all connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of the hotel.
- Only a PSAV rigger may move flown equipment.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after PSAV riggers leave the room.
- Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
- PSAV will exclusively operate the Counterweight (fly-rail) system.
PSAV On-site Practices
- PSAV will decide the number of riggers required for your event.
- PSAV will make all connections to the ceiling and assist your staff in attaching those connections to your truss and equipment. Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and cost effective event.
- PSAV will not "dead hang" items over 100lbs or 10' in length with a scissors lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- A scissors lift is required for all rigging calls at the hotel. PSAV has lifts on site and available for rental. All lifts used in this facility must have white, non-marking tires and be in good repair. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in.
- All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved.
- Any dynamic (moving) element requires an arrester device.
- A steel "safety" is required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
- All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by PSAV.
Rigging Point Charge (greater than 100 lbs.)
• Regular rate = $225 each (includes .5 ton hoist)
Rigging Point Charge (less than 100 lbs.)
• Regular rate = $75 each
Scissors Lift Daily Rental
• Regular rate = $375
Scissors Lift Weekly Rental
• Regular rate = $750
Rigging Labor Rates Riggers - Eight-hour minimum per call (minimum 2 riggers per call)
• Regular rate = $145 per hour
Monday - Saturday, After eight (8) consecutive hours = Time and 1/2
Monday - Sunday, 6 a.m. – 7 a.m. = Time and 1/2
Sunday - All hours worked = Time and 1/2
Monday – Sunday, 12:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. = Double Time
Holidays**, All Day = See Schedule Below
**Holidays (Time and Half Rates) = President’s Day; Veteran’s Day
**Holidays (Double Time Rates) = New Year’s Day; New Year’s Eve; Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
***These rates and conditions are not all inclusive. Please contact your PSAV representative to discuss your needs in more detail.
To Order Service:
Follow this link to complete an online order for rigging services
Meet The Team
James Beane, Director of Event Technology
Jim has more than 18 years experience in the audiovisual and hospitality industry.He joined PSAV in 1993 as a technician, and gained experience in a variety of technical disciplines. He was promoted to Director of Event Technology in 1999 and has managed teams at locations requiring increasing levels of responsibility and expertise. Jim believes in exceeding his client’s expectations, and instills that attitude with his entire team.
MEGAN DOYLE, DIRECTOR OF SALES
Megan has been with PSAV since 2009 , spending time at several different properties in the Chicago area. She graduated from Bradley University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and went on to earn a Master’s Degree in Organizational Development at Lewis University. Prior to joining PSAV, Megan worked as a Meeting Planner and truly understands the amount of demands that Planners are faced with. To help alleviate some of these details, she works closely with her clients to drive their vision for each event.
David Mills, Assistant Director of Event Technology
David started with PSAV as a technician in March 2013 and quickly impressed his superiors with his command of the job and natural leadership. This lead to his current position as Assistant Director of Event Technology.
Ryan Sheehan, Director of Operations
Ryan has been with PSAV for over nine years, with eight of those being at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. Ryan graduated from Columbia College with a degree in live sound reinforcement. He has strong technical background including computer and IT technology. Ryan currently oversees the day-to-day floor operations at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare.
Shane Soda, Sales Manager
Shane began his career as a technician in the Chicago region. After spending several years in that role he moved on to a Sales Administrator position at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. He was quickly promoted to Sales Manager and has been invaluable to the sales team.
Well-lighted presenters carry a more impressive presence on stage. Theater-style lighting adds remarkable color and drama to your whole presentation and can transform gala events into something truly remarkable. Ask us about Decor Lighting, Intelligent Lighting, Set Lighting, Presenter Lighting and more.
From small audio systems for intimate meetings to multiple arrays that deliver concert-quality sound, we setup microphone, speaker, amplifier and mixer systems to suit the room and audience. Familiar with every corner of the venue and meeting rooms, we can easily calculate just what the best audio is for your event.
Capturing your speakers, their presentations, and all of your event's important moments for later playback is a powerful, even revenue-generating tool that can remind attendees of meeting content and let those who missed the event in on the action. Use our digital recording services to market your event to future audiences, enhance distance learning or continuing education credits or simply create a meeting archive.
©2015 PSAV. All Rights Reserved. Any third party trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.