PSAV Services at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
Contact: Hector Martinez, 407.939.5797
With its onsite office, Presentation Services is most familiar with the hotel’s meeting and event rooms, and ready to handle all of your rigging requirements.
PSAV is proud to serve as the exclusive, onsite rigging contractor for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. The hotel is equipped with permanent rigging point systems in the Ballrooms. As part of a comprehensive overhead safety and risk management program, the systems are annually load tested and inspected.
PSAV is required to approve all rigging designs and provide all rigging labor and chain hoists for your event. We look forward to providing you with outstanding service and equipment.
Begin the planning process early
Contact us soon to start the rigging-planning process and we'll discuss:
- Ballroom Rigging Standards
- Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- Best practices
Here’s how to plan with PSAV for your rigging needs:
- Rigging Advances must be submitted with a scaled rigging plot 21 days prior to load in. See "To Order Service:" at the bottom of this page to learn more.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment in addition to a reflective ceiling plan with hang-points. Please use our CAD file (available for download below) as your design template.
- All drawings must be received via email in a .dwg or .dxf format. Hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8"-1’.
The city of Reedy Creek requires permits for many event elements such as room layout, stages and special effects. Please contract your WDW Swan Dolphin Convention Services manager about what permits may be required for your event.
The hotel requires that PolyTak (or equivalent) carpet protection film is in place prior to load in or load out of production equipment. PolyTak can be supplied by the hotel either for retail purchase or installed. Please contact your Convention Service Manager for estimated pricing.
- The Ballrooms are equipped with permanent rigging points rated for 750 lbs. Please refer to the CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points. There is NO RIGGING OTHER THAN THE PERMANENT RIGGING POINTS INSTALLED.
- No rigging is allowed from the air-wall tracks.
- PSAV must make all connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of the hotel.
- Only a PSAV rigger may move flown equipment.
- Only PSAV Rigging Chain Motors and Truss may be used.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after PSAV riggers leave the room.
- Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
- PSAV will exclusively operate the Counterweight (fly-rail) system.
- Please request the latest version of the WDW Swan & Dolphin Hotel Ballroom Regulations from your Convention Services Manager.
PSAV on-site practices
- PSAV Rigging Services will decide the number of riggers required for your event.
- PSAV will make all connections to the ceiling. Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and cost effective event.
- PSAV will not "dead hang" items over 100lbs or 10' in length with a scissors lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- A scissors lift is required for all rigging calls at the hotel. PSAV has lifts on site and available for rental. All lifts used in this facility must have white, non-marking tires and be in good repair. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in.
- All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved.
- Any dynamic (moving) element requires an arrester device.
- A steel "safety" is required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
- All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by PSAV.
Rigging Labor Guidelines
- Production Riggers will consist of teams of three (3) riggers per team.
- Exhibit Hall & Public Area riggers will consist of teams of three (3) riggers per team.
- Banner Hanging Rigging will consist of teams of three (3) riggers per team.
- Five (5) hour or Ten (10) Hour minimums will be applied to all rigging calls.
Rigging Pre-Show Advance Fee
- Advanced rate = $250
- Regular rate = $300
Rigging Chain Motor Charge (greater than 100 lbs.)
- Advanced rate = $170 each ( half ton hoist)
- Regular rate = $195 each ( half ton hoist)
Rigging Point Charge (All Chain Motors Require a Rigging Point / "Dead Hang" less than 100 lbs.)
- Advanced rate = $55 each
- Regular rate = $65 each
Scissors Lift Daily Rental
- Advanced/Regular rate = $400
Scissors Lift Weekly Rental
- Advanced/Regular rate = $900
*Additional charges may apply for atrium equipment
Rigging Labor Rates
Riggers - Five-hour minimum required
- Advanced rate = $85 per hour
- Regular rate = $100 per hour
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. = Straight Time
Monday - Friday, 5 p.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Monday - Sunday, Midnight - 8 a.m. = Double Time
Saturday, 8 a.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Sunday, All Day = Double Time
Holidays*, All Day = Double Time
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King Jr Birthday
** 24% Service charge will be applied to all rigging
Room Diagrams - CAD Drawings
Follow the links below to download CAD files of Disney Event Group's meeting spaces in the Orlando, Florida area.
Northern & Southern Hemisphere Ballrooms
Common Area Banner Location
Click Here for a PDF of Pre-Approved locations.
Order Rigging Service
For Production Rigging Requests, please follow this link to complete an online Rigging Advance for Rigging Services.
©2016 PSAV. All Rights Reserved. Any third party trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.