PSAV Services at Walt Disney World
Contact: Dawn Montgomery, 407.827.2774
Begin the planning process early
Contact us soon to start the rigging-planning process and we'll discuss:
- Ballroom Rigging Standards
- Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- Best practices
Here’s how to plan with PSAV for your rigging needs:
- A Schedule Rigging Services form must be submitted with a scaled rigging plot 20 days prior to load in (31 days prior to load in to avoid penalty rates). If the form is received less than 20 days prior to load in, double time rates will be charged. See "To Order Service:" at the bottom of this page to learn more.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment in addition to a reflective ceiling plan with hang-points. Please use our CAD file (available for download below) as your design template.
- If a rigging plot is received by our offices which does not respect the hotels rigging regulations, the client has the option to either redesign their event or have our offices redesign the event at a cost of $75 per hour.
- All drawings must be received electronically. Hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8"-1’.
Exhibit Hall / Ballroom Standards
- The Ballrooms are equipped with permanent rigging points rated for 1000 lbs. Please refer to the CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points. There is NO RIGGING OTHER THAN THE PERMANENT RIGGING POINTS INSTALLED.
- No rigging is allowed from the air-wall tracks.
- PSAV must make all connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of the hotel.
- Only a PSAV rigger may move flown equipment.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after PSAV riggers leave the room.
- Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
- PSAV will exclusively operate the Counterweight (fly-rail) system.
PSAV On-site Practices
- PSAV will decide the number of riggers required for your event.
- PSAV will make all connections to the ceiling and assist your staff in attaching those connections to your truss and equipment. Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and cost effective event.
- PSAV will not "dead hang" items over 100lbs or 10' in length with a scissors lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- A scissors lift is required for all rigging calls at the hotel. PSAV has lifts on site and available for rental. All lifts used in this facility must have white, non-marking tires and be in good repair. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in.
- All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved.
- Any dynamic (moving) element requires an arrester device.
- A steel "safety" is required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
- All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by PSAV.
To Order Service:
Follow this link to complete an online order for rigging services
Room Diagrams - CAD Drawings
Follow the links below to download CAD files of Disney Event Group's meeting spaces in the Orlando, Florida area.
BoardWalk Main Ballrooms
Yacht and Beach Resort
Fantasia Ballroom - First Floor
Ballroom of the Americas & Grand Republic Ballroom - Second Floor
Coronado Springs Resort
Veracruz Exhibit Hall
Coronado Main Ballrooms
Grand Floridian Resort
Grand Floridian Ballroom
SAFETY AND EGRESS REVIEW
Reedy Creek is the local governmental entity that reviews all floor plans for safety and egress. Below is their contact information. Submit your room floor plan drawing to them for review and approval. You will then need to forward the Reedy Creek APPROVED drawing to the Hotel Convention Services Manager for review and final approval. Any other questions regarding the room layout, staging or house equipment should be discussed with the Hotel Convention Services Manager.
Reedy Creek Improvement District
Richard LePere, Fire Marshall
(407) 560-1784 Office
Reedy Creek Main E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard LePere E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Order Rigging Service
For Production Rigging Requests, please follow this link to complete an online Rigging Advance for Rigging Services.
For your Exhibit Booth Rigging Requests, please follow this link to complete an online Exhibitor Rigging Request.
Please contact the PSAV office at your hotel for electrical pricing.
Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort - 407.938.0610
Disney's Contemporary Resort - 407.938.0589
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - 407.832.2696
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - 407.824.3268
Disney's Yacht & Beach Resort - 407.934.3912
©2017 PSAV. All Rights Reserved. Any third party trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.