PSAV is learning, along with the world, the impacts of COVID-19 for our industry, our communities and our teams. We are closely monitoring and following protocols, safety practices, and travel recommendations in accordance with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
Our first focus remains the health and safety of our team members and your event attendees. We are working with governmental and industry organizations to stay abreast of the current guidelines. We remain focused on delivering incredible experiences that ‘connect and inspire’ in all of our markets and countries around the globe.
Event Industry Relief & Recovery
The event industry has suffered unprecedented financial hardship and job loss due to the Covid-19 health crisis. On March 27, the CARES Act was signed into law, which is an important step forward in providing support for the event industry – one that fuels global economies, business growth, strong communities and next generation technologies. The U.S. Travel Association has summarized the CARES Act and how it directly benefits the event industry. The highlights of the 880-page final bill can be found here.
The U.S. Congress is preparing for another phase of legislative stimulus and relief packages that could impact the event industry and focus on recovery. We will continue to work with our venue partners, industry associations and governmental bodies to ensure the stabilization of our great industry.
PSAV stands ready to serve your meeting and event needs through the virtual environment today, and in person once the world overcomes this current crisis.
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization: Advice for the public
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) Situation reports
- World Health Organization: Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19
- Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus Updates
- Center for Disease Control: About Coronavirus
- Center for Disease Control: Get Your Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel
- Center for Disease Control: Global COVID-19 Travel Notices
- U.S. Travel Association Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- U.S. Travel Association: A Message from Leaders of the Meetings and Events Industry
- Department of Homeland Security: Statement on Travel-Related Coronavirus Spread
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Resource Page
- Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update | French version
- Department of Health & Social Care: Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK government response
- Australian Government Department of Health: Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert
- Mexico Government Health Secretary: COVID-19
- Events Industry Council: About COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- Meetings Mean Business: Coronavirus Resources
- IAEE: 2019 Novel Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- MPI: Coronavirus and the Meeting Industry
- PCMA: What Business Events Professionals Need to Know About the COVID-19 Coronavirus
- ASAE: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Association of Event Organisers: Current News
- UFI: Convention and Exhibition Centre Health & Safety: Managing COVID-19 Challenges
For any additional questions, please reach out to PSAV via the form below.