PSAV is learning, along with the world, the impacts of COVID-19 for our industry, our communities and our teams. We are closely monitoring and following protocols, safety practices, and travel recommendations in accordance with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
Our first focus remains the health and safety of our team members and your event attendees. We are working with governmental and industry organizations to stay abreast of the current guidelines. We remain focused on delivering incredible experiences that ‘connect and inspire’ in all of our markets and countries around the globe.
Meeting with Care - A Message from our President, Ben Erwin
March 18, 2020
As a company of 14,000 employees operating in 23 countries, we are learning, along with the world, the impacts of COVID-19 for our industry, our communities and our teams. We are proud to be a part of an incredibly resilient hospitality and events industry. We are actively engaging with our many venue partners and industry associations (e.g. PCMA, MPI, U.S. Travel), and remain focused on designing solutions to help you connect and inspire your attendees. That is true today and will be true tomorrow.
While there are many questions we cannot answer, what I can offer you is a clear description of what we as a company are doing to respond to the situation:
- Our first focus remains the health and safety of our team members and your event attendees. We are closely monitoring this situation. We remain in close contact with our venue partners to respond to any notice of potential exposure at any event we support. We are working with governmental and industry organizations to stay abreast of the current guidelines to maximize the safe use of audiovisual equipment.
- For cancellation notifications received on or after March 16, 2020, no cancellation fees will apply for cancelled events scheduled to take place between March 16 and May 15, 2020 in alignment with CDC recommendations.
- For events cancelled prior to March 16, 2020 and prior to any city, county and state order or ban, 100 percent of cancellation fees paid may be applied as a credit (less any pre-event direct costs incurred) to events that rebook at the same venue and take place before December 31, 2020.
- Finally, we have expanded our virtual events team to ensure we can support more customers with the ability to connect meetings and remote participants in different locations. If you would like to learn more about how our team could help you, reach out to our Virtual Events team at email@example.com.
There is still much we do not know about the impact COVID-19 will have on our communities and our industry. What I do know is this will pass. We remain focused on delivering incredible experiences that ‘connect and inspire’ in all of our markets and countries around the globe.
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization: Advice for the public
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) Situation reports
- World Health Organization: Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19
- Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus Updates
- Center for Disease Control: About Coronavirus
- Center for Disease Control: Get Your Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel
- Center for Disease Control: Global COVID-19 Travel Notices
- U.S. Travel Association Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- U.S. Travel Association: A Message from Leaders of the Meetings and Events Industry
- Department of Homeland Security: Statement on Travel-Related Coronavirus Spread
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Resource Page
- Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update | French version
- Department of Health & Social Care: Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK government response
- Australian Government Department of Health: Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert
- Mexico Government Health Secretary: COVID-19
- Events Industry Council: About COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- Meetings Mean Business: Coronavirus Resources
- IAEE: 2019 Novel Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- MPI: Coronavirus and the Meeting Industry
- PCMA: What Business Events Professionals Need to Know About the COVID-19 Coronavirus
- ASAE: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Association of Event Organisers: Current News
- UFI: Convention and Exhibition Centre Health & Safety: Managing COVID-19 Challenges
For any additional questions, please reach out to PSAV via the form below.